Men are starting to turn to cosmetic treatments because many aspects of how we view our health are changing for the better. Today, there are more men out in the world caring about their appearance than there were over 30 years ago, and it’s due to the broader acceptance of professions such as cosmetic dentistry for men. Although fewer men seek cosmetic dentistry than women, today’s treatment accommodates more than appearance’s sake, and we’re here to see what this trend’s talking about.
What Men Are Looking For From Cosmetic Treatment
Tooth loss and discoloration are the top two concerns that affect everyone and are considered some of the main reasons men are starting to get more cosmetic dental treatment. Beyond aesthetics, having an entirely white, complete smile is healthy, providing long-term benefits that fight against bacteria and decay. For men, this means having a smile they can be proud to maintain. Many men are starting to see the long-term benefits of having good oral health, and this leads to them seeking out various treatments, including:
- Teeth Whitening: As the first step to a whiter smile, many men are starting to see the benefits of this treatment. It’s non-invasive and produces fast results that last a long time. Teeth whitening can easily be recreated at any point, and keeping consistent appointments is easier than ever.
- Dental Veneers: For long-term solutions, dental veneers are one of the best ways to be rid of stained, yellow teeth. While more people are quitting smoking, many men are starting to find that veneers can be a permanent and effective solution to fighting off the effects of easily stained teeth.
- Dentures: Men facing extensive tooth loss will need to find effective means of replacing those teeth, and dentures provide the best cost-effective solution out there. Dentures can replace a full row of teeth affected by age and disease and provide the comfort and appearance of a full smile.
- Bridges: In other cases, dental bridges can offer a permanent solution for replacing one or more missing teeth. These bridges are usually held in place by crowns but offer more stability than dentures.
- Dental Implants: Implants are considered one of the best restoration options for men with missing teeth because once they’re fully integrated, they can treat the implants just like natural teeth without any real downsides.
What Does This Mean For Cosmetic Dentistry?
All of these treatments are meant to address the many concerns men face with their smiles. Whether they want to improve their smile for their health, future relationships, improve career opportunities, and more. Most of all, it’s fighting the stereotypes and labels that come with cosmetic dentistry.
Because of the long-term benefits, cosmetic dental treatments can provide men, it’s a fantastic way for men to receive the oral care they need and reshape their appearance to match their truest selves. For more information about cosmetic dental treatments and how they can help improve your smile, make sure to schedule an appointment with your local dentist to discuss your options and learn more today.